As with the first Random Survey, authored by Lynnette, I thought it might be fun to take a break from blog discussions in which we gaze in a trancelike state toward Adam and Eve’s belly buttons, contemplating whether such things exist, as it were, and conduct a survey for no overarching purpose other than your reading and sharing pleasure. In the immortal (if ominous) words of Lando Calrissian, ”Everyone is invited, of course.”
(P.S. I’m only kidding about the belly-button gazing. I find the theological discussions on our blog of Enormous Import.)
1. What’s your favorite movie soundtrack?
2. What’s your favorite holiday?
3. What’s your favorite planet?
4. What is the last book you read for fun?
5. What’s the craziest space doctrine you’ve ever learned in a Church context?
(I do realize this is a tricky one–if we can’t delimit our doctrine, we certainly can’t delimit our space doctrine either. One person’s cherished doctrinal wisdom is another’s cherished doctrinal hogwash. So just define “space doctrine” however you’d like, and try to be respectful of others.)
6. What’s your dream job?
7. What’s your favorite food group?
8. What’s your favorite letter of the alphabet?
9. What’s your favorite musical instrument?
10. Which of the Standard Works do you like best (counting OT and NT separately)?
11. If you weren’t (or aren’t) Mormon, what religion would you be?
- 13 July 2008